Mission and History

Mission

The purpose of the Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS® is to:

Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS® Political Advocacy is focused on:

 History

Chartered in 1926 as the Medford Realty Board, the Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS® (RVAR) is the professional association for more than 950 real estate practitioners and affiliated companies in Jackson County.  RVAR was originally incorporated in 1951 as the Medford Board of REALTORS®, and more recently in 1997 as the Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS®, due to a merger with the Ashland Board of REALTORS®.  RVAR is affiliated with the Oregon Association of REALTORS® in Salem, Oregon, and the National Association of REALTORS®, the nation’s largest professional trade association, headquartered in Chicago.  

What is known today as the Southern Oregon Multiple Listing Service, Inc., was organized in 1925 and became a non-profit corporation as the Medford Multiple Listing Service in 1956. In 1985, the Medford Service merged with the Ashland Multiple Listing Service and began doing business as the Southern Oregon Multiple Listing Service. In 2002, the company was restructured and reincorporated as the Southern Oregon Multiple Listing Service, Inc., an Oregon Domestic Business Corporation. It is a privately held corporation and the only shareholder is the Rogue Valley Association of REALTORS®, Inc.